Saturday, January 3, 2009

worked the plans. The only disatisfaction I have at this point is the size of the dining area in the kitchen. I really wanted this to be big enough for a decent sized table and walk around space, but it's just not there. The logic of the plan allows me to easily add length to the front in any of my 3 bays, and there is always a solution by adding s.f.
Chris had a couple interesting comments, like moving the kitchen to the flex area and the flex area to the front in the nook space. Nook would go to kitchen. This would involve the kitchen more with the living space, but that's not the theme I have set up here. Good grist for a future plan however.
The site development plan is really a major part of this conception. I'm seeing the driveway as a sort of personal "street" and I like the idea of the kitchen window overlooking this area.
I'm not yet showing the developed attic and basement layouts, but these as well have gained important status in my little plan.
The basic house is just over 2300 s.f. plus another 100 for the upstairs laundry, and maybe 500 in the attic less the stair volume. my basement office, playroom and bath will add another 500-600 s.f.- I'm at 3500-3600 s.f. living space total. I've made yet another mcmansion. But my attic and basement space is relatively cheap, and I think the result will compare favorably to the builder product in the marketplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment