Wednesday, December 31, 2008

take it a little further before year's end


Ok, I spent a little more time with this- made a couple of mods. The comps told me I needed at least a 20x14 kitchen set up to compete, so I had to arrange my shape into 3 lateral bays. This plan will frame side to side. The key for demonstrating a new home comes in the foyer. That's why developers always go for volume here if they can. If the buyer likes the house at first glance- they'll forgive a lot of flaws. If the don't like it- they'll pick on each and every detail. I knew going in that the view planes on this house have to read strongly from the front door. I'm probably not going to give much, if any, of my 2nd floor space to volume, so the entry area has to be decent. Lots of views. Thats what my arrows were denoting. Since I want to focus on developing the entire lot, these views should terminate with glass to take you back outside. I'm going to keep my f.p. internal to avoid the tacky little dog house, or a fortune on my expensive exterior. I'm going to step down the living space a foot to add some drama. I clearly have to add a little bit to the garage side to make room for a mud/entry, and I already know my 24' is going to be a killer upstairs, where I'm going to want 2-12' bedrooms with a 2' closet between.
probably will want to cantilever- or at least add 2' above. Don't really need it in the 1st floor room. That's it for now

No comments:

Post a Comment